Monday, December 24, 2007
Hope your days are filled with the ones you love, yummy food, and lots of smiles...=)
Thursday, December 20, 2007
...we got the tree at Michaels...=) It's made of feathers and is actually pretty small! I made the lil ornaments, and I would've loved to give it more, but alas..not time. Maybe after christmas...he he. And here's the twig tree: we put a few branches into a vase and filled the bottom with sand to keep it stable....=) It was especially hard to get this sucker on film cuz there's an apartment building across the way with lights on and there's always cars driving by,a nd there's also a big streetlamp..so the lighting sucks!! ha ha....oh, and I especially love the gigantic extension cord on the ledge beside the vase...it's my favorite....lol (...not!...said a la Borat)
..Thanks Michelle!! =) And on the same day, I also got an ornament from the Red Velvet Swap from Jessica...her blog, funky finds, totally rocks!! She links up some yummy stuff! Anyways, the ornament is soo cute, had to share. =) Love happy mail days!! eek!
.....anyways, must get back to work...=) I am loving eggnog and christmas oranges right now..why can't they stay around all year? I'm also in love with Rum balls...hopefully I'll have one this year...yum! The pile of presents I've made is growing, and I just have the parents' (albeit, the most daunting one...) left to do and all the wrapping...fun, fun! Can't believe it's in 5 days!! Hope everyone is doing great!! It's oddly like a sunny day in early Spring here today...very weird! Thank god, though, cuz yesterdays gale-force winds almost ruined my lil polka-dotted umbrella...(sigh) happy day!!
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Monday, December 17, 2007
....It's the cutest tree ever!! he he...I'll get more pics when I have a sec to breathe...what a crazy week, I say!! I have sooo much to make still, and so much to do..and the house is a mess...and ahhh! So sad that there's no more Hills to watch tonight....I was really hoping during the finale last week that Spencer and Heidi would break up and Heidi would call Laurn at the end...(sigh) lol..
Friday, December 14, 2007
Plus, they were super easy to figure out - I managed to download, unzip, and figure out how to install/use them in less than 10 minutes...sweet! It was fun to poke around and make adjustments and figure out how they're set up...!! I also bought a few really cool grungy frames...awesome stuff...I can use em over and over super fast...=) You rock everyone at Pink Ink!
Secondly....Blogger is being weird with pictures today...oh my..I'm not being extra creative or anything, it's just deciding to stagger them oddly..hmm.
I also forgot to say a few weeks ago how cool it was to see Ali's trademark handwriting come in my mailbox! eeek! I got the "Life Artist" book she sent to me for winning the page contest at SIStv...it seriously is an amazing book, if you haven't seen it! Ali's style is a little different than my own, but she's so inspiring! The canvas pieces she did are so amazing, and the last chapter inspired me to just get my vacation albums done..focus on pictures instead of the "stuff" and just get em done! (One of my new years' resolutions, now...)
Anyways....I'm at work. Playin on the computer....I can hardly believe there's like almost a week til Christmas! I have a week of work left, as far as I know...and all of my presents to make, and it literally looks like a craft factory exploded on my table...he he....but i can't wait to share all the fun stuff I've been making (I'll post after Christmas, as most of the people who are getting the crafty goodness read this blog..he he). I'm obsessed with flickr. excited about seeing films tonight. Wanting a minty candy cane right about now....happy day, everyone!
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Annnd....my camera batteries died last night, plus the tree won't look great in the dark lighting anyways with all the apartment windows across the street blaring, so I'll try to get some pics of the twig-tree soon! In lieu, a Christmas survey that I read on Silje's blog:
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love wrapping paper...=)
2. Real tree or Artificial? I'm all for real trees..but we have a lil fake one this year
3. When do you put up the tree? a few days ago...=)
4. When do you take the tree down? They're so cutethis year I want to leave them up always!
5. Do you like eggnog? yum! love it! Specially with rum. =)
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Toys, toys, toys. They were all good!
7. Do you have a nativity scene? No
8. Hardest person to buy for? Any guy, in general, gusy just suck to shop for!
9. Easiest person to buy for? Myself ;) lol...
10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? There are no bad presents, are there?
11. Mail or email Christmas card? Mail! I love mailing cards out!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I used to watch "The Santa Clause" non-stop. Does Nightmare count as a Christmas movie? cuz I love that. And the stop-motion Rudolph they play on tv....
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? ..December...but I make most of the presents I give away
14. Have you ever recycled/regifted a Christmas present? no!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? yumm...turkey dinner!
..where is 16?
17. Favorite Christmas song? I like em all..except the horrible Beyonce-like remixes they're coming out with nowadays
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I have to travel to home, but I love being with the parenst and family at Christmas!
19. Can you name Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen..and Rudolph...I think that's them!
20. Do you have an Angel on top of the tree or a star? I like stars...but there's a skull on top of my tree this year...=)
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We always got pj's on Christmas eve, and open all the presents on Christmas morning!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Wearing canvas shoes in the snow sucks. Malls in general. Working retail.
23. Best thing about Christmas? Hanging with the family..=) Seeing everyone! Eating chocolate and yummy goodies...Boxing day!
Feel free to do this if you want! I tag anyone who has spare time on their hands...he he
As for me....Christmas party at work today (it's sort of early..during the workday-ish...weird) and then making Christmas presents at home tonight....there's a VFS grad tommorrow (yay, films!) and then Z and i are off to see an Opera at UBc on Saturday night...he has lotsa freelance gigs to keep him busy this weekend, and I have waaay too many things to sew and cut and paste...lol....hope everybody is great! Happy night! =)
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Monday, December 10, 2007
Sooo...we got married in Whytecliff Park, out past West Vancouver...A cute little ceremony with the cutest little marriage lady. Ahh..such nice weather, we had...ha ha. It was rather grey, I think, in fact...we picked the coldest day Vancouver has seen in a while. It rained the whole time, and it was like shiver-in-your-shoes cold...but fun nontheless! =) Here's some of the ceremony:
....a few of our friendswho came with us up to the park:
...After the ceremony, lotsa pictures, and champagne, we hopped back home. Starving, we all went for some waffles at a lil restaurant across the street (there were grand plans of a giant yummy lunch, but we were just too hungry by this point!) And then we walked a few blocks over to feed the swans in stanley park...
Friday, December 07, 2007
...Last night I felt the need to sew something out of felt and fabric and buttons....and I did, and it's super-cute! But I can't share til after Chsritmas, so I'm sure there will be a big ol post of handmade goodies after the holiday...cuz I'm making everything for my family this year! (I'm totally broke...lol..not just overachieving) & we finished the paperwork yesterday!! eeek! You have no idea how good it felt to shove that sucker in an envelope and be done with it! Ahh...work is busy, I haven't made a scrapbook page in what may be the longest time in a while...he he...gotta fix that this weekend...=) Anyways...all for now...Happy day everyone! Have a great one!
Wednesday, December 05, 2007
And some of my color-wash tests:
And I learned how to do this, too:
Nothin special for you pros out there, I know..he he...but I was having fun! I was totally inspired by Pink Ink Studios' presets, cuz they rock! Annnd.....that about sums me up, today! I made 30 christmas cards in a few hours last night assembly-line style and had a really funny pic of my table all full of paint-splattered cards, but left it at home..he he...I kidn of just realized how much stuff I have to do/make before Christmas! eeek! And wedding pictures should be on their way to my home (thanks Mandy!!) so I'll try to get em up as soon as possible!! yay!! happy day!