Monday, December 17, 2007

some randomness...

...first of all...I can't believe I forgot to say I finally saw "Across the Universe"!!! I've been dying to see it, and last weekend there was a double feature at our cheap movie theatre so we went...and oh my god...it rocked. Such eye candy! There were so many awesome shots and yummy goodness....( hope I don't spoil anything, here..) My favorite is a shot where you see tall grass, and hear the group humming, and the the camera pulls out and pans over the grass to reveal them in a circle..fave part! And also, the whole Strawberry Fields scene had amazing lighting and emotion and I loved the red splashes. The strawberries on the canvas rocked. More so, the door opening and spilling its light on Lucy and the brick wall was awesome. And the whole circus scene was amazing..the blue guys made me happy. And the cut-out style of the animated bits. And the army men with their cartoon masks. (sigh) Love. So happy you have tears at the ending, I tell ya...go see it if you like odd, lovey, catchy tune kinda movies!

Anyways, some shots that don't even do the movie justice (no good ones on the net):And also...it was a crafty weekend for me...

My table got so messy....there's a peek of some ornaments that are almost done now...I mod podged styrofoam balls with pink-watercolored book pages, and then covered them with a coat of glitter glue....I'm dying to post some of the goodies I made but I can't...argh!! lol..And I thought I got some great shots of my tress yesterday, but they look horrible! Bad lighting..etc. So I got some close-ups of the skull ornaments I made (I finally got to use the Martha Stewart skull tissue paper I've had forever!!) and the tree topper that I stitched out of felt...
....It's the cutest tree ever!! he he...I'll get more pics when I have a sec to breathe...what a crazy week, I say!! I have sooo much to make still, and so much to do..and the house is a mess...and ahhh! So sad that there's no more Hills to watch tonight....I was really hoping during the finale last week that Spencer and Heidi would break up and Heidi would call Laurn at the end...(sigh) lol..
On Friday we saw some awesome grad films, had some drinks, and caught up with some fellow VFS-ers. On Saturday we went to see "Die Fledermaus" (which translates from German to "The Bat")...the Opera performance at UBC here in town, and it was pretty cool...I'd never been to an opera, and this one was pretty funny; the singing was in german but the dialogue was in English. Our friend Choom plays in the symphony, so it was cool to hear her play again, too...
This picture, of course, is not from the student UBC performance....but it's pretty cool so I had to post it..lol..It's feels awesome to go to a symphony performance and an opera performance...I feel a little more cultured again..I used to go to ballets often with my mom, because I used to dance, and there's nothing like a live theatrical performance, I think..It makes me think about how everyone has their own art form, one way or another..and it's just great to soak it all in!
Anyways, at work...should go. Happy day everyone!! And, as always, thanks for the sweet comments...=)

5 comments:

A.S.K.-P. said...

Girl I LOVE those ornaments! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!

I am SOO JEALOUS that you got to go to Across The Universe! I have been wanting to see it since I first saw the preview FOREVER ago! I still haven't got to!

sally hanna said...

love your ornaments and skull goodness!
i'm in the the same crunch as you trying to get everything finished. eeek! must get busy.

Unknown said...

Ok so I love the ornaments! The skull is super cute of course. Im sure your tree is wonderful! I love the opera and theater. I havent been in forever. I agree we all have our own diff types of art. Being creative is so fab! :)

Michelle said...

OK, you've convinced me I have to see that movie. I hope I can get it through netflix. Those ornaments and tree topper looks beautiful! I can't wait to see it complete in nice lighting. I adore those little ball ornaments you made with the book. So pretty!

I finally broke out my felt by fancy pants last night and man is that thick! What kind of adhesive do you use to keep those puppies down? I used zip dry and it seems ok for the moment but man, I can't stand the smell of that stuff. Hope you have a pirate pink filled day!

Holly said...

I am dying...DYING...to see Across the Universe. But, it's hard to catch a movie with kids. I haven't seen a movie in the theater since Without A Paddle. How sad is that? Anyway, LOVE the skully topper and ornaments! Soo freakin' cool!