Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ahh, Sunday

Currently, I am staring out at the sunny day, just back from enjoying ice cream at the beach, with yellow paint splattered on my shirt...enjoying the insanely slow pace I am creating at today. It's toasty, I'm painting a monster, we're catching up on phone messages, sitting in front of our little fan, working, and I've had a massive headache for the last day and a half...which has been standable, but sucks. So yesterday my "yay, I finally have a day off to make stuff for myself!" was substituted with a long, long, and apparently much-needed nap day. Which is fab, I actually did nothing for a day, but was also bummed that I did nothing...lol.

Anyway, on with the show! Here's some pages I made with the ever-so-lovely Red Velvet Kit Club August kit:I was loving that there was a skein of embroidery thread in this kit, so I just had to stitch a little something something - I freehand wrote the title lightly in pencil and stitched over it for a funky title.
This one with a pic from Long Beach in Tofino was a lot of fun to play around with paint and layer....=)
And I had fun handwriting on this one. =) The journalling is about the signs I know its home...The fun summery colors in this kit were so rad! There are still a few up for grabs right here in the RVKC Etsy Shop. Also, there are still some August "Dress My Nest" home kits available at the Dozens! Whee! Make sure you scoop one up, cuz that paper and stamp I drew are only a limited-time kinda deal, just like the monster goodies!

As for me, I swear this week I will get some earrings made for my Etsy shop - I've been compiling supplies and ideas for months, now, and I know I have a few late nights at work this week to catch up, and they're moving my desk at the Studio, now, too - so I'll be sitting a few seats down from Z...he he. How funny is that? I'm so happy I have a lunch buddy to eat in the sunshine with everyday, now, too. he he...Anyway, yeah, so I'm hoping for a fun week of making stuff - and I have a plan for my workspace involving the desks we already have, and on Friday I picked up a new flat-screen monitor I'm dying to set up so hopefully the house won't be in a shambles for much longer - I'm sick of looking for desks that are too big and expensive and hard to transport. Argh. I'ma bout ready to head on over to Walmart where the searching isn't so few and far between...lol. Hope everyone is having a great weekend! =) Happy days, guys!

22 comments:

Mandi Johnson said...

Yeah, the embroidery gets me every time. :)

katie said...

these are amazing! i'm soo happy you had some time to scrap!

i love your music selections by the way, i come here like every day to listen while i scrap.

<3katie

Nathalie Kalbach said...

those layouts are so happy and gorgeous- love them!!!

Britta said...

OMG this is unbelievable - all that great stuff that you created! How can anybody be So creative! I am in love with your style...

🌈🌈🌈 said...

Love those layered layouts! Beautifully done.
Have a beautiful monday!

TheresaK said...

You rocked that kit Michelle!!!! I love all the layouts!~

Rosa said...

Hi Michelle,
I love your scrapbooking style, so fun, so refreshing, SO STINKIN' CUTE!. Wonderful pages.
Rosa

jen geigley said...

WHOA - you rocked the kit hard, totally amazing stuff!

Dina said...

You are just so, so talented. Love it all!

pinkcherrymama said...

love your style, love your blog! oh yeah, merry happy is my fave, makes me want to skip and do cartwheels :)
~R

Kristen =) said...

I love that title... wow!

Also how cute is that bar code on the first layout... it almost looks like a cupcake..LOL

VERY YUMMY LAYOUTS.
YOU have the most amazing ideas.

mezzo mish said...

I love the way you are using the haberdashery!

Anonymous said...

Love them! I really like your calligraphy in your journaling. So fun!

Leslie

Michelle said...

Good luck with the desk search. Such pretty pages! I've missed seeing your work. Love your new paper and stamp you designed. I'm a huge Michelle fan. ;)

Aimee Ann said...

oh michelle, these are lovely! some of my faves ever. love all the stitching goodness.

yay for beautiful weather, huh?

moxylyn said...

Just found your cool, colorful and creative blog. The layouts are very nice. My name is Michele too btw!

Michelle said...

Pretty pretty work Michelle!!! I lOVE these LOs!! I love how you paint and add TONS to your pages!! So creative and unique!!! The hand journalling is pretty too!!! Hope you are enjoying your summer!! :]

Unknown said...

looove your new layouts, they are amazing! :) I hope you get your desks set up, and your new moniter! I hope youre having a great week!

NoraAnne said...

love your handstitched title...great touch! all of your layouts are so much fun.
I have been stalking your blog lately because I love your music, just like Katie, I listen while I scrap!

Anonymous said...

these are beauteous!!!! love them--I am loving the paint splatter dots. For real!!

Unknown said...

Everything is awesome awesome my lovely!

Stephanie said...

your work always amazes me! Love it!