Monday, September 24, 2007

like, whoa...

...that weekend flew by...=( Missing Mom and Wayne and Brody..and Nay, and her D-man..and Mandy and the girls...=) Such a fast, really cool time...Some pictures that Mandy took on our zoo trip on Friday:

(Z will especially love this one)

...He is not really a fan of zoos, but we got him to draw the animals and then it was all good fun...=) there was a baby elephant, but it's still pretty young so it was hiding inside..Z thinks it's just a ploy to get people to go to the zoo...he he...there were lotsa other babies, though...tiger, mountain goat...even baby humans!! lol..=) Fun day...And then we headed to the fire pit in the parents' backyard and drank wine and roasted marshmallows by the fire! Love it, love it..I am such a Marshmallow girl! And on Saturday, we had a giant family dinner, lotsa family-hanging-out...and then headed off to Vicious Circle in downtown Calgary for some martinis (my fave...they had 141 at this place to choose from!)

...us girls (pre-drinks...) Melissa's belly is invisible in this picture, though...she's getting so big!! Anyways, it was cool to see everyone...Sunday was pretty low-key, and we headed home around 6ish on the plane...of course, I took no pictures..too busy taking it all in, as usual..lol...=) Wish it didn't have to end so soon, but it was such a fun time!!

What else? Did you hear about Zingboom?? (check out the "Big news" icon) Kristen and Scrap in Style teamed up and Zingboom will be available there.....sawweeeet...=) That silly plane liquid law makes me laugh...I went to France with a ton of liquid stuff and no one stopped me...and then I went to Calgary and no one stopped my with a bottle of hairspray...BUT, low and behold, on the way back here, a lady made me throw out a hald-gone bottle of hairspray and 3 teeny travel lotion bottles...I mean, dude..if you're gonna enforce the rule, shouldn't it be regulated across the board?? stupid...I finally saw 300 last night...have to say; loving the costume design (or lack thereof)...pretty cool movie, love the emphasis on lighting and art direction...=) But, low and behold, we go to watch the special features to see how it was done, and there's nothing on the digital side of things at all!! No behind-the-scenes...nothing! It was the most disappointing special features menu I have ever seen, for such a cool movie...argh! Anyways, realized I only have exactly 4 weeks of work left, not 5, so I have a ton of scrappy stuffs to make this week and I have to finish the job-search gear...yikes! Wish me luck!! Miss you, Calgary!! =) Happy day...

3 comments:

Michelle said...

It sounds like you had a great little visit with the family! I totally agree with you on the whole regulation across the board thing. Sadly some people just don't care enough to bother. I have a similar story from two years ago with a pair of scissors in my boyfriend's grandmother's purse...

Anonymous said...

We miss you too!!! And tell Z there is a baby elephant. hee hee

Unknown said...

Wow that looks like so much fun!!!!!