Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Last Scrapper Standing...



...ahh...done my first contest entry. The dare for the contest was journalling on a photo; I went a little crazy with spray paint and sewing, though..he he...I was up til 3 last night working on everything after staying at school til about 9:30 working on stuff; thus, I went to nap for 2 hours, and slept accidentley for 7, not even hearing my alarm (sorry Adam!), and then rushing to finish the rest of the homework at noon that I had planned to do this morning, because it didn't get done while I was accidently sleeping, obviously. Argh! And to top it all off, I had a killer headache all day, I think inhaling the spray paint fumes from the page were to blame for that, so came home early to snooze and feel better. Then, later, realized I had no batteries to take a picture of my entry, just ironically because I remembered that i should charge my camera batteries a few days ago and forgot about it until tonight. Sooooo off to the store I went, only to (happily) realize that I had cartoons to pick up from the post office (finally), Ben & Jerry's Choc. Chip Cookie dough was on sale, and I could buy an eyelash curler that doesn't rip out my eyelashes!! Annnnd I got my page submitted before the deadline! Yay! So my night took a turn for the better, now, off to eat ice cream and watch ren and stimpy...(which, I will not watch all night, but if I happened to, I would not miss Adam's class anyways because it is slotted safely after lunchtime.) =)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, another painting fiasco!! Too bad I wasn't there to witness it this time! Awesome page, though you still make me sick with all your craftiness :)

Anonymous said...

HEY HEY love the page and the photo is amazing I hope you win....
I'm making a webpage when it is up and running I'll send you the link...the photo that is on msn I entered him in a photo contest with animal planet and I really like to win since this is the 3rd year I have entered photos it is my turn to win....lol I'm counting down the days till you get home (8 days =)...lol) talk to you soon.

Leigh-Ann said...

hi!
i really like your dares layout! lots of layers, steps, sweet details!
Is the blue stitching embroidery or dental floss? i've been wondering what that colored sb dental floss looks like...
I'm from Winnipeg,MB, any chance you are too?
Leigh-Ann
frecklednest.com

Michelle said...

he he...everyone who saw this post thought I had photo-shopped it!! Nope, nope, nope. I cut that green swirly thing by hand, the black background is what I spray-painted on top. Lisa, you woulda been thinkin I was crazy...lol..

Michelle said...

Hello Leigh-Ann, the stitching is embroidery floss, I haven't used that colored dental floss stuff, but it probably woldn't look as..plush?...as embroidery floss, I'm guessing...I live in Vancouver... =)

Adam Rogers said...

1: Apology accepted.
2: Ben and Jerry's CC Cookie Dough ice cream?!! I love that stuff! (legal disclaimer: not a better-marks-bribe-request)
3: Eyelash curler - too much information.
4: Ren and Stimpy all nighter - only at VFS could that be considered Constructive Use Of Time.
5: Lunchtime?!! I love that stuff! (see above disclaimer)

Now get some sleep!

Michelle said...

omigodness, mandy..you think my photo is amazing? he he..such a compliment! =) thanks, grrl..I took it all by myself. =) I am now convinced I actually look okay in glasses...he he..can't wait to see you...!