Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A few little bits...

Boo on colds! I was stuck at home sick yesterday and banished to the couch! :( My head was pounding non-stop and my throat was ginormous and like sandpaper. I am now officially sick of chicken noodle soup and ginger and lemon and tea. Blech! (Totally off-topic, but for some reason, "Blech!" reminds me of Archie comics...subconciously the word must've stuck itself in there when I was 7 or so, reading...lol.) Anyhoo - I did take pictures of some new goodies for the shop (that will be posted as soon as I figure out shipping costs) from my place on the cushions. I'll share some Bubbly Shnooks' goings-on in tomorrow's blog post! Yay!

For today, I made a card for my "Technique Tuesday" Pink Paislee blog today - an updated look at paper-piecing. Something I, for sooo long, associated with out-dated images and thought was not-so-cool, until I got Holly's cool stamps from Pink.Sugar.Pop which are now stamps for Pink Paislee - these sweet little "Vintage Pop" guys. Yum! Anyhoo - I was inspired to piece together some costume-themed little dudes for a Halloween card, seeing as the holiday is creeping up on us! Here it is, and you can read my whole Pink Paislee blog post here:

And the lovely Dana did a cute lil blog post about thet mini I shared last blog right here. She is so awesome! Dude, I'm excited to see about the other project kit she mentioned! And I'm mucho excited about getting my Red Velvet Kit and Dozens' kit in the mail - silly Canadian mail, making me wait for torturous time-slots. lol...

Also, finally got the Galiano Island trip pictures posted up in flickr this weekend. Here's the album of all our happenings there, and some of my fave shots:

Z's seat on the plane - Eeek!The little cabin that was all ours for the weekend...
Up at "Lovers' Leap" super-crazy-high lookout point.

Z, the speed racer...(okay, the kickstand is down..but it looks like he's racing!)

Us, the moped-ers...
Sitting at the Sandstone Caves at Retreat Cove.
Hiking in the back of someone's truck to find the beach...
Purple starfish everywhere!
...Chilling in Sandstone Caves
...and, yeah! that's what we did! Enjoyed the rocky Pacific beaches (okay, we searched for a whole day for the sand beach and then gave up and realized we should have looked into this before we embarked here on our weekend away. ha ha...Our cabin was close to the end of the small Galiano Islands' one road, so our only mode oftransportation, including our only way back into town, was hitch-hiking...lol. We picked blackberries, we walked and climbed and walked and climbed some more. We napped on the 'rocks', eer, beaches. On our last day we rented to moped and roamed around seeing all the sights we couldn't see from our secluded cabin, and, as it turns out, were pointed toward none other than a sand beach...lol. It was lovely and nature-full. We had fires and roasted hot dogs and watched sunsets and movies. (sigh)...the last days of summer...but wow! Turning out to be a long post, here...so back to work I go. Happy day!

8 comments:

Aimee Ann said...

awesome shots. those cliffs and beaches look so cool! cute cabin... was it as nice inside as out?

Sandy said...

So sorry you're sick. I am too at the moment, lost my voice and everything, coughing. Yuck.

I love the card you made. And I love the photos from your trip. I've never seen a purple starfish. And the sandstone caves look beautiful. It looks like ya'll had lots of fun.

cindy said...

beautiful pictures of your trip! worth the wait I must say. The cabin looks so cozy!
Cindy
http://www.devinedesignsjewelry.etsy.com
http://www.devinedesignsjewelry.blogspot.com

Nichol said...

Hi Michelle! I love visiting your blog. Looks like your trip was fun!

NicholD

Fauve Design said...

WOW that place looks so magical michelle.Enjoy it,but i guess you do :D

NoraAnne said...

Your vacation sounds like paradise and how cool are those caves?!?! WOW! Love your card!

jen geigley said...

love these photos - sounds like you had an amazing time!

Michelle said...

Love those sandstone caves. Great photos. So jealous!