Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Cynical...?

he he..check out postsecret..there's a card about Valentines that says; "Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, Whatever." then the person wrote "I'm glad I'll be single by this Valentines Day, it's so much less disappointing." And I was like..whoa! Way to read my mind..I was just contemplating Valentine's day on my way home from work yesterday, cuz, well, I work at a store where velvet heart boxes stare at me all day, and the lobby of my building is also decorated for the upcoming "holiday". Hallmarkday. Whatever. So, upon realizing I haven't been single for a V-day in about 5 years (?) I tried to remember a really awesome Valentines where something really cool happened. And instead I was reminded of that day when me and Mandy walked outside for like and hour in the Calgary cold in Midnapore beside a busy road on the way to a hockey game that this guy i liked was playing at because he kicked us out of his house cuz we couldn't stay for dinner. Then somebody threw a bottle out the window that scared the hell out of us. Remember that day, Mandy? Then I didn't even get a kiss at the end of the night. Well, more than a peck. Nice, eh? and that, my friends, is the only thing I could immediately, directly connect in my memory with Valentines. And then, to top it off, this morning I get an e-mail that reminded me that weird delusional guys usually think I like them. (sigh) Perhaps, I am still feeling a little anti-guy after my last, ermm...disappointment...but I am totally wondering why I wasn't single for a Valentines Day before when, in most cases, i probably would have been happier...lol...Buut I do have to say I am thankful for the couple silly valentines poems and roses that I did get, and I am extra thankful that this year, instead of being disappointed yet again, i will be working on a film for myself. And in celebration, I bought this anti-guy purse yesterday;



Okay, i had birthday money, so i bought a few...=) Specifically, the red one. Part of a line called "Angry Little Girls". Awesome. I fell in love. So call me cynical, but all I have to say today is that it's a good thing guys are cute or I would boycott. =) he he...

3 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

bahahaha- I love those bags - how funny!

Anonymous said...

Heh girlie - at least eat lots of chocolate - and buy purses - silly!!

Anonymous said...

Hehe how funky is that bag?! :o) Too cool xx