Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Back! (And lotsa Tuff city)

Okay, dudes. Back at it! Back in town....we took a short-but-felt-long, wonderfully sunny weekend away in Victoria to visit my cousin Lisa. Yay! I love it there, and had been meaning to go visit her since she moved there a long while ago...fun, fun! It was pretty easy to get there the cheapest way possible, too - yay, buses! lol...it took about 3-5 hours, depending on how well the buses and ferries connected. The ride home was kind of gruellingly long...It was BC Day (the province I live in, for my American readers) - and BC's 150th birthday, so it was super-busy traffic-wise getting back home, but there was lots to see while there; a symphony playing on the lake, a parade of old restored firetrucks, a symphony playing on the water and a few foreworks. Kind of nutty - we also went to a petting zoo and played with jumpy baby goats (sooo fun!), Z flew his kite by the ocean, we ate lotsa yummy food, slept in, drank a few too many sugary cocktails, giggled lots, caught up, hung out with our boys, and just enjoyed ourselves! Yay! Pictures coming soon...I haven't even glanced at the few shots Z took yet! lol....and I was a little bummed we just missed some fab concerts on Monday night - Feist and Sarah Maclachlan were playing while we sat on the ferry home...ah, well. Anyway, it was a super-fun weekend away and we both loved the break, too! =)

So, now to catch up on the sharing! Rewind about a month ago to when Z and I were in Tofino and I'll give you a little story behind some of the rest of the photos, cuz work is a little quiet today and I haven't blogged them yet! After we landed from the super-fun float plane trip (see plane and pilot behind us)....
....we hung out at a local cafe and got totally sunburnt in the first few hours there before we could head up to check into the B&B we stayed at. We were in awe of the B$B...it was giant and amazing and all hand-made and very log-cabin-like. Ahhh...the bathroom was bigger than our apartment, I think...lol. That night we explored the tiny, very, very quiet town of Tofino aka Tuf City...and we found this really close, pretty cool beach that was within walking distance (after walking along a rickety, blocked-off pathway through the forest, of course). There was much sleeping and lazing around at that beach on Saturday, despite being sunburnt already.... ...meaning, Z fell asleep, and I was bored so I took a buncha pictures while laying there. lol..I was loving the contrast between my bathing suit + beach towel....and it was really cool and misty over the ocean, where the hot air meets the (freaking cold!) Pacific ocean. Literally, I stuck my toes in and was cooled off - I don't know how Z managed to dunk in there!) Also, hence the stripey hoodie; it got a little chilly, even in the sun! Oh! And Z flew his kite...his favorite kite ever. He's really awesome at keeping it up there in the wind - I tried and it crashed right to the ground!
At night, we headed out for supper at some cool local fish n' chip joints, and we had a cool private deck just off of our amazing top-of-Tofino room (we were at the top of the highest hill in town, which made for an awesome view of the surrounding ocean)...
...which means it was perfect for catching the sunsets and looking at the stars, sipping on cider, etc. So we always made sure we were home in time to catch the rays going down before relaxing and hopping into the indoor jacuzzi tub and soothing our sunburns...lol. Sooo gorgeous!
Annnd....wow! That's a lotta pictures for one post. I'll share the rest of em and the ones from Long Beach (my most favorite place...) tomorrow so as not too bombard you all at once! (Unless you saw em all on Flickr, already..he he).

Sooo...more soon! Readjusting today - its so hard to roll out of bed early when I got to sleep in all long weekend! Groceries and things tonight, plus I'm booked solid busy til Friday (hopefully) catching up on late July projects...argh! Here's wishing me fast scrapping, drawing, designing, painting, and some sleep in there, too! lol...Hope everyone is well and enjoying the summer! I'll be by to catch up on my fellow bloggers so soon! Thanks for stopping by, too...=)

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Ohhh how I love big long posts with lots of pictures!! Looks like you had a wonderful time Michelle and your photos are beautiful!!! PS I tagged you on my blog today - hope you summer is going by too quickly :]

Michelle said...

I <3 big photo posts! Sounds like a wonderful time. I like the color of your swim suit too. Can't wait to see your dozens design work. Woohoo!

Unknown said...

ohhhh those are wonderful pics it looks like paradise!!! Your trip over the weekend sounds lovely too! You lucky girl you.

Holly said...

Fun times! I'm so jealous that you got to go to Victoria. I love it there, and haven't gotten to go for several years now. Can't wait to see you pictures from there!

Chelsea Van Tol said...

Beautiful photos! looks like you guys had a great time... the beaches in BC are so beautiful. It's funny being on PEI to see the contrast of my island to the other island on the opposite side of the country :P