1. I forgot to address this "sculpture" that everyone was asking about, so let's start here...it's random...=) he he:No, I don't carry it around on my arm....(he he) it's actually embedded in the ground....Weird, yes? It's a 'sculpture" of a church that I believe is supposed to look like it's been blown in by the wind....The only reason I would guess this is because I used to walk to work every morning down by this sea wall, and sometimes its too windy to move in a forward direction, much less hold an umbrella up, therefore the artist stuck it here as a tongue-in-cheek thing: "it may be windy enough to blow things like this in, I guess." That's my theory. Everyday I'd see it, though, it baffled me. Is the artist antireligious? Is this even art? Duuude....
2. I had an impromptu interview at the cutest lil animation studio ever on Monday to be a Production Assistant...=) yay! It was a really small, adorable place, with super-nice people, and exactly the job I was looking for....I'm still trying to find my "niche" in the industry, I guess...I mean now I've animated, fixed animation, done some post-production....still not sure what my favorite part of the biz is, you know? But I definatley know that animating until 3 am just so that I get a paycheque of some sort is not what I want right this moment...=) I'd like to be the person that makes a production run smoothly and organizes things and stays on top of business...=) So fingers crossed! I get to meet the owners of the studio this weekend, and if they like me, it's a go! I felt really comfortable there, mostly because it is a small, wife-and-husband owned place...so lovely!
(And the part I'm most excited about is....I get to spoil myself with a much-needed shopping spree once I'm employed...yay! I haven't bought any clothes in an insanely long time. eeek! Fingers crossed for me!)
3. I'm dying to paint. And sew. Right now. I bought some small blank canvasses the other day and they're just dying to me to paint on them...eek! Priorities, though....I'm almost done some yummy scrappy projects....I managed to make some lil cards for my etsy shop, so stay tuned for those in the next few days! And Z and I are going to be gearing up on an animation project over the weekend, so until then....Cotton Monster is just super-driving-me-crazy-with-wanting-to-paint-ness....Can one have too many hobbies?? lol...4. Dying to buy "Dan in Real Life." Love it! Also, we watched "The Darjeeling Limited" on the weekend, which I'm dying to see again, if not just for the hand-paintings on the lovely train. =)
5. Dying to buy this Sassafras paper.......Hah...starting to sense a trend...I guess I'm dying to buy anything....lol...proof that I've been good in the shopping arena while I technically have no income....yay! =) But seriously, if anyone knows an online store where this paper is being sold, please tell me!! he he...
6. If you haven't signed up for Elle's Studios' newsletter yet, go hop to it! There are yummy things-a-comin...=) Trust me! Annnd...she just launched chipboard albums, which are also super-cute...=)
7. The Dozens. Waiting patiently til the day I can rip into this yummy kit and make some stuff!! eeek! See? See the new awesome kit?....Random enough for ya? I tag anyone who reads and wants to also be random today...yay!
Have a happy one!