Friday, January 25, 2008

Tgif...still. and Lola:

....yay, Friday! I just remembered the coolness of tv on Friday nights when I was like, 12...ha ha. Boy Meets World, Family Matters...(sigh)...lol. I posted some of these goodies on Flickr yesterday, so my apologies if you're seen em and they're old news...lol...But here's some recent stuffs i've made:

Lola! My little whale...(she's kind of like a prototype)....She has beans in her bottom to weigh her down and a cute floppy tail....=) I hand-stitched the embroidery on her mouth and eyes, cuz I'm crazy that way.
...and I did my second day of Holly's art journal challenge, "friend"..and then realized friend wasn't even on my list..ha ha...so I changed the list already, cuz I don't know why "friend"wasn't on there...lol. there was an cool price tag on the vintage trim, so I left it..just a quick simple one page cuz I'm a little (cough) behind on this challenge...
...And then I made a page for the latest One Little Word challenge, cuz I started writing down "still" prompts and couldn't stop...lol. and I know I just used this picture, but seriously, the paper camera fir perfectly, I had to use it! And that rainbow paper has been calling to me for a while..he he...I made the journalling on a notebook-style pad and stapled it onto the layout so I could fit it all. To read and see a few more close-ups, go here.
Hmmm..not much else is new. Work is Supa-busy and very empty because the show is coming to an end and all the animators are finished...just us last-step-in-production guys left. =) Dying to announce some things I've been up to, but I gotta wait!! argh...lol...Happy about Tutli Putli's Oscar nomination...sad about Heath Ledger....wondering what new movies are out..Still wanting to see Juno again...Happy that Z keeps getting cool freelance gigs...still attempting to open the Etsy store...(almost ready!) Loving the CHA peeks that I've seen...specially here at the brand-new Pink Paisley....yum! And also, how sweet is Prima Hybrid?? duuude...I had some birthday money to spend so I treated myself to a few things to play with...there is so much great stuff there, I was excited..for a girl who thought she'd never try digi, whew...I'm gonna do my Overlooked page this weekend all digi, so that should be interesting...he he. Anyways, lunch is oevr..back to work for me...happy day! And, as always, thanks for the sweet comments girlies...=)


18 comments:

Jules said...

OMG I love your Lola she's so cute!

Your layout is wicked I love how you have yourself holding the camera!

Silje Røe Hagland said...

!! I looove Lola, cutest whale I have ever seen! :)
Your layouts are so amazing! Wow, I just love your style!

Gonna go see Juno on Sunday :) I can't wait!!

<3 have a great weekend!

Kelly said...

WOW! Fabulous post! I cannot believe you hand sticthing - I would have been blind for sure!

Cassandra West said...

Love your Lola!! Great work.

Have you see the American Crafts peek...if not check their blog.

I love the pink sneeks!!

I really haven't seen any other sneaks but I'm trying not to look!

A.S.K.-P. said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your "Friend" page!
AWESOME Michelle!

kelly said...

i found you through flickr... your work is fabulous!!!

Micayla said...

Lola is gorgeous! I want one!! You are so talented at Making stuff! I really must have a bash!
Love the layouts too girl!!

Anonymous said...

Lola is pretty sweet!!
Mom

Elle's Studio said...

Lola and your scrapbooking are AWESOME!! Totally love your style and the cool things you do!!

Gen said...

Okay, your scrap pages are AMAZING--love the one you did for Holly's challenge! I also looove Lola...I must say that you're inspiring me to try something new!

Jodie said...

that whale is so adorable, love it alot.
your work is so inspiring, i love it all its so bright and fun and just amazing!!

xx

alittlebitofscrap said...

Adorable Whale! so so cute!! you got some mad skills :) I also loved how you did the camera.. awesome!

Unknown said...

that whale is sooo CUTE!! I love it! youre so good at those :) Love your los and the journal too! I'm getting really excited about the new cha releases that ive seen too :) and really sad about heath :( I sooo want to see juno! My friends getting it for me so hopefully tomorrow ill get to watch it! lol. hope youre having a good weekend!

Michelle said...

Love the whale. Your stitching is beautiful! Love the placement of that camera! Colors are yummy too. Thanks for the inspiration. You Rock!

elizabeth said...

don't forget sabrina the teenage witch :)

love lola. so stinkin' cute.
and {of course} i heart the lo :)

Unknown said...

Oh i love the whale!!!!!!!!!! I love her name too. Love ur craftyness my lovely!

Chrissy Le said...

Have I told you how much I love visiting your blog??? You do such awesome crafts!!!!!! I love that art journal, so inspiring! So when will you start an Etsy shop with these softies animals?? ;)

Greta Adams said...

LOA is the bomb and yes you are CRAZY for handstitching that....it is perfect!! LOVE IT!!!