Monday, November 05, 2007

....ahhh...

....Monday...Did everyone have a good weekend? I've been totally MIA with the blogging in the last few days....it's weird...=) I wish I felt better today...really, I do...Yesterday around lunch time my throat started to hurt, and then out of the blue I was all swollen up and sleepy and totally sick...just random....Hoping it goes away soon, since I'm expected to be pulling all-nighters this upcoming weekend for the Trick 17 film competition...which I can't do if I'm sick, obviously....argh....that's all that's new....had a very relaxing weekend...I didn't scrap at all....actually it was very weird, I had no deadlines.....hmm. So I practiced some paper cut-out animation...it was extremely handy to have all of my paper goodies for that, I tell ya...I'll post a test when I get a chance...lol...it's quite funny to watch because I was animating upside-down, using paper-cut-outs and stop-motion for the first time...so it's not good by any means, but it's cute...=) In other news...the third Scrapmojo challenge is up! Here's my take on it:


....the challenge was inspired by Nightmare Before Christmas: If you could take over any holiday/fill anyones shoes, who/which holiday would it be? And also, use fabric on your page! SO come play along..this month's sponsor is SIStv!! =) And the girls have awesome inspiration pages up...Speaking of Nightmare Before Christmas......Moose gave me a copy!!! thank you thank you, Moose!! I'm the happiest girl in the world!! =) you are the best! We totally dorked out on Sat. night and watched it and all the bonus features...he he...Annnnd, I had a tootsie roll, too! It was the best night ever!! =) Looking forward to watching it with commentary...(sigh) also, haven't seen it since I took all those animation classes, so I was further astounded at it than usual...I'll def. be watching it constantly...thanks again, Moose!
And here's my October Fancy Pants pages:
Not sure what I think of this one, still...not my fave page ever....but what can ya do? I thought this pic Andy took of Chelsea and I in the Louvre museum in front of the Venus de Milo was hilarious..love that crop job!! he he...just wanted to remember the story...I used the new "crush" collection that was released at Memory Trends...love it's warm colors!!

This one is a pic of a few of our France group in front of some wall murals in Angoulemme..this one was a really cool black and white mural that interacted with the wall....




This is Pippa from South Africa...another page for the album of all 32 of us from the France group...This is also using the "Crush" collection....

And then I got to play with the new "Holly Jolly" Christmas line...the colors are so bright and fun and non-traditional, love it! I made a few cards...




....and that brings this ginormous post to an end.....=) I meant to post those last week when I finished them...he he...thanks for peeking, if you made it all the way down here til the end! For now, back to work I go....Have a few deadlines and some cold-nursing to do tonight...and I'm trying to catch up on blogs and keep up with the start of my busy month! =) Happy day, everyone! =)

13 comments:

Holly said...

Love all your new stuffs, girl! And, so happy that you got a copy of TNBC. I'm smiling for you. :0) Hope you feel better soon...we've been kickin' a cold around here for weeks now. Boo.

Anonymous said...

Love the pages and the comments. Was wondering where you were - glad you took a break. Hope your feeling better soon!!! especially before your fun all nighter weekend!!! Will call you tomorrow night - Nabomb is babysitting so that Wayne and I can go see Billy Joel!! I am so excited.
Have a good night!!

Valley Girl said...

Pippa's pretty!

Michelle said...

I hope you kick that cold to you know where! I'm so happy you appreciated all the incredible work that went into the Nightmare before Christmas film. Have you seen Corpse Bride? Another amazing piece!

I'm glad you found some tootsie rolls! I love your scrap mojo lo. You've definitely got a blue and orange thing going on right now. And such a cute picture of you too! You are totally making me want those really expensive fancy pants felt embellies! I read to the end!

I'm so happy you like that lo. And I didn't even think of the fact that you just started working on Pucca so thats why your name wasn't in the credits. Silly me.

Tina said...

your scrapage makes me weak in the knees Michelle!

Hope you feel better before your big competition! I'll be rooting for you....keep us posted. And I would love to see that paper cut-out project you're working on. ;)

Unknown said...

LOVE your projects! you sure do rock the FP!!

Malin said...

Cant get enough of your gorgeous work!!
Love all the fun details that you discover evry time you look at them!!
Love your stile, hope you have a great day!!
Hugs Malin

Unknown said...

You are soooo busy! But your life sounds so fun! LOL! I have the special edition nightmare and i love love love victor! I mean vincent price is like my all time fav. And that lil movie he did frankenwinnie hahaha priceless! I am a huge tim burton fan. SO glad you got a copy! Love all the pages and the cards! Did i tell you u rock? Well you do lol! xoxox Get better soon luv!

Unknown said...

alll your new stuff is gorgeous!! and that was so nice of your friend to give you a copy of TNBC, i bet youre happy! haha. hope youre having a good week!

Claudia79 said...

Wow!! How wonderful wasn't all the cards!! I'm truly in love now:-) Thanks for sharing! Big hug!

Kelly said...

Hey you!
Well, glad to hear you're getting better...colds suck so harsh. :s
Take care of yourself (at least you've got Z ^_^ )
And yeah on TNBC! Have you watched Tim Burton's first short, 'Vincent'? Great stop-mo...that was actually the film that led to him breaking out of the creative prison that is Disney. :3
Anyhoos, take care, and good luck with your film!
~K

Kelly said...

Nothing short of jaw-dropping beauty in this post!

Anonymous said...

wouuu Michelle, this Pages that more work, the level of detail is huge and varied. congratulations. I liked, in particular, the details in felt and the card. Ayyyys As I was to learn